Location: US - PA - Pittsburgh
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
To efficiently check a guest in or out of the hotel in a professional and competent manner. The Night Auditor must exceed guest expectations and resolve issues at all times. Verifies all accounting activity taken place during the day. Responsible for the accurate compilation of all report for management’s review the next day.
Responsible for thorough knowledge of ONQ PMS and assist with any reservations.
Checks guests in and out of the hotel.
Adheres to all accounting and cash handling procedures.
Manage all guest requests and delegate tasks accordingly with other departments.
Acts as PBX Operator and utilizes switchboard as well as other communicative devices.
Answers all inquiries in a friendly and courteous manner, using clear speech and actively listening.
Handle guest complaints.
Performs daily audits including but not limited to reviewing rooms and tax postings, balancing totals, completing reports, completing back up and rebuilding of PMS.
Informs management of any unusual activity during the course of their shift.
Assist with shipping/receiving process in a timely manner.
Assist guest with luggage when necessary.
Maintain cleanliness of Front Desk area.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with guests and co workers, i.e., provide information, answer questions, etc.
- Stand and/or walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods.
- Must be able to lift (50) pounds on an individual basis, pushing two hundred (200) pound carts, or collectively helping team members move larger loads than the weight limits listed above.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Understand the operation of computers and calculators.
- Read maps and give clear directions.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s amenities and their hours of operation.
- Work in an environment that is demanding and physical with fluctuating adverse temperatures.
- Frequent reaching, stretching, bending, stooping, walking, standing, handling, talking and smiling.