The Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation and disposition of all Night Audit work. The Night Auditor may be responsible for all Front Office functions on the third shift. Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures daily. Balance the day's work. Generates all reports as required. Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.) according to standards. Complete the initial direct bills and place on the Property Accountant's desk. Night Audit is a main contributor to the House Laundry. May handle and follow through on all guest requests during the third shift.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the Guest Services function of the hotel: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Complete guest registration process, issue keys, and provide hotel information and area attractions. Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures. Complete check-out procedures. May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups. Check departure folios; verify daily cash sheets, ensuring all totals are accurate and posted correctly. Close and reset credit card system. Update no shows and run final night audit and associated reports. Interact with site accounting regarding all aspects of daily transactions, cash drops, credit cards etc.
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Laundry: Complete and maintain House Laundry supply to ensure proper stock and flow for Housekeeping operations.
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Hotel Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Build a "Count On Me" Culture: Continuously exhibit the company's Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience.
- Performs other duties as needed