At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Create a positive and memorable experience for our guests.
- Ensure the seamless execution of the Arrival and Departure processes.
- Anticipate needs and execute tasks thoroughly.
- “Be in the Moment” during every guest and team member interaction.
- Resourcefully and creatively solve issues to avoid missed guest opportunities.
THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel Front Desk Team provides personal and impeccable guest service. They respond to guest inquires and requests and ensure seamless Arrival and Departure processes. The Front Desk Team anticipates guest needs and remains knowledgeable about all aspects of the hotel at all times. The Front Desk Team Members act as exemplary ambassadors of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel for guests and inter-departmental communication, requests, and inquiries.
- The Front Desk Team works to constantly and continuously perfect the Arrival and Departure processes of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel.
- The Front Desk Team works closely with ALL departments to provide personalized assistance.
- The Front Desk Team works closely with all departments to help anticipate needs and exceed the expectations of each and every guest.
- The Front Desk Tam develops and adheres to all departmental STO’s, policies, and procedures.
- The Front Desk Team is responsible for processing guest arrivals, departures, phone calls, revising in-house reservations, cashiering functions, and assisting with special guest service requests.
Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Agent(s)
Front Desk Night Auditors
A hotel where employees are empowered and given the freedom to creatively and resourcefully anticipate the guest’s wishes and needs and to follow through to ensure execution is flawless.
Create the “WOW” factor.
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and pleasantly in English
- Fluent in a foreign language preferred
- Basic Computer Skills required; type at least 45 wpm
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a calculator
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 1 year hospitality or customer service experience required
- Minimum 1 year previous front desk and/or reservations experience preferred
- Must possess and consistently demonstrate all “skills” listed below
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent(s) and Night Auditor
- Report to: Front Desk Supervisor
- Key Relationships: ALL departments (including Housekeeping and Engineering), Entire Guest Services Team, Accounting
Skills (Entire Front Desk Team)
- Ability to focus and follow-through on details
- Ability to use a computer and required software properly and efficiently
- Ability to adhere to any and all policies of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel and Benchmark Global Hospitality (including the Appearance Standards Policy)
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest information and internal hotel practices
- Ability to use time efficiently and productively with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain company/hotel standards
- Ability to professionally represent “THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel” while presenting a warm, professional, and refined demeanor with guests and fellow team members
- Ability to present information professionally and efficiently
- Ability to maintain knowledge of hotel features and information (e.g., dining, babysitting, events, amenities, etc.)
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately to guest inquiries and needs while remaining calm, courteous, and professional
- Ability to promote positive relationships with guests via email, in person, and/or over the phone
- Ability to organize information and remain educated on all aspects of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel and the city of Knoxville
Front Desk Team
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Property Management system
- Room types, rate codes, current promotions, and amenities
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation
- Daily group activities
- Social activities
- Fitness Center programs
- City of Knoxville points of interest and events
- Maintain a log of all guest requests
- Act as a liaison between guests and other departments of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel
- Greet each guest with a smile, a warm welcome, and thoughtful farewell.
- Use guest name at least twice during a conversation in order to create rapport and a personal relationship with each guest
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and graciously
- Be thoughtful when handling guest complaints by owning the problem and providing solutions
- Do not pass off tasks to others. Own the issue/problem and see it through to completion.
- Ensure each guest issue is correctly logged and the appropriate Manager/Supervisor is informed
- Welcome feedback, complaints, and compliments. Appreciation for this feedback fulfills our need to be the best in class. All feedback must be relayed to a Manager or Supervisor
- Maintain a neat, clean, and organized work space
- Report any Housekeeping or Engineering issues to the correct department immediately
- Report immediately any suspicious items or individuals
- Work closely and communicate with all hotel departments and fellow team members
- Process guest check-ins and room assignments. Accommodate special requests whenever possible.
- Process all cashier functions in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing, and accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with reservation functions, including: entering and updating group files, pre-registrations, and blocking rooms for reservations
- Maintain current knowledge of room types, locations, and rates
- Resolve billing issues/disputes for reservations (with assistance of a Supervisor or Manager if necessary)
- Settle in-house guest accounts. Take deposits as required.
- Handle all financial transactions carefully and accurately in accordance with Accounting guidelines
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, events, and directions in a professional, polite, and thoughtful manner in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel
- Offer to walk/escort guests to their destinations within the hotel whenever possible
- Daily duties include:
- Assigning rooms to accommodate special requests
- Pre-registering guests whenever possible
- Check-in and Checkout processes (Arrival and Departure)
- Luggage Storage assistance
- Print out any documents, directions, or tickets as requested by guests
- Light tidyin