This position is responsible for completing the Night Audit process of the operation which consists of balancing accounts, retrace errors and ensure proper postings during the overnight shift. Other tasks and duties, will include to greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying registration, address, and credit information. Answer internal and external phone calls. Promote the Guest loyalty program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members. Accept payment for guests accounts both at time of registration and check out. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests if applicable. Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Benefits: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Pension Trust Fund, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Candidates must have prior knowledge and work experience in comparable hotel night audit and front desk operations.
- A prior background in accounting or accounting related fields is beneficial.
- A strong background in customer service is preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must have at least 1 year previous guest service experience in a professional work environment, preferably Hotel experience.
- Must have previous cash handling experience and be able to follow the cash handling policy.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time up to an eight (8) hour shift.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work morning, mid and night shifts, weekday, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
-Physical onsite attendance is required of the position.