A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you a team-oriented individual who enjoys an established environment? Are you analytical with strong follow through skills? Are you quality-driven with attention to detail?
If yes, Vista Collina Resort, Napa's newest luxury destination, has the ideal high-profile position for an exciting person like you!
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Napa, Vista Collina Resort ushers in a new way to discover Wine Country. With thoughtful, Tuscan-style décor, a tasting village, a locally-sourced, artisanal market, and a spacious community lawn for picnic, play and private concerts, Vista Collina isn't simply a resort in Napa. It is Napa at its finest.
Audits, balances and reports on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food and beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure company and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Audits, balances and reports on any/all food and beverage outlets (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information.
- Audits, balances, posts and reports on the front desk transactions to include but not limited to room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc., to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audits, balances and prepares, verifies and reports on room information to provide Rooms Management with a picture of how they are performing. Prepares and inputs statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
- Balances and closes all bank ticket codes, daily.
- Runs night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Perform the duties of a Guest Services Agent including express checkouts.
- Assists in taking and placing wake-up calls, as needed.
- May assist with In-Room Dining or amenity deliveries. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Normally requires one to two years accounting or Guest Services experience
- Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- May be required to have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate telephone/office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Repetitive motions are made while entering data into computers. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member regularly talks and hears to answer phones and communicate with guests or staff. Exerts up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view telephone console, computer terminal, documents and guests. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities.
The team member is subject to inside environmental conditions. The noise level is usually quiet. The team member is subject to hazards that includes proximity to electrical current found in office related equipment. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, odors, or dusts.
About Our Company:
Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.