Join the most recognizable hotel brand in the world. Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort is looking for talented, passionate people interested in hotel industry careers in Hollywood, Florida. From the front desk to our event planning team, we offer rewarding careers and jobs at our hotel in Hollywood where you will be inspired to reach your professional and personal goals.
As a Night Audit Clerk, you are responsible for a professional, yet personal and efficient check-in and check-out for each guest of the resort. Process all payments according to established resort requirements. Provide information to any guest or visitor inquiries in person or via the telephone, acts as bellman and assists guests should any emergency arise. In addition, he/she is expected to complete daily checklists and practice aggressive hospitality and courtesy at all times.
• Responsible for providing prompt yet personal service at times of check-in & check-out
• Approach all encounters with guests, employees and members in a professional and personalized manner
• Responsible for verifying that all Front Desk transactions are documented daily, as well as running several nightly reports, processing credit cards, turning over the date in the Property Management System, and entering data into an Excel worksheet
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Chesapeake Hospitality Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the resort
• Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills whilst encouraging safe and efficient resort operations
• Help management apply the credit policy and guest billing policy
• Actively participates in daily briefings and meetings
• Expected to conduct oneself in a discrete manner in all guest areas
• Ensures that the safety & confidentiality of all matters pertaining to guests and members are met in accordance with resort standards
• Know all resort emergency procedures
• Identify and solicit potential new IHG Rewards members
• Understand and communicate promotions and enhancements effectively with Service Professionals and guests
• Build rapport with VIP's, IHG Rewards members, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms, make welfare calls, encourage feedback throughout their stay
• Offer to handle special arrangements during guest stay; coordinate future visits
• Maintain database of guest preferences, habits, special dates
• Actively participate in training and continuing education related to the Front Desk
• Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the Front Desk Manager, and Supervisors
• Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one's department when called upon
• Provides standard directions to be provided to guests
• Other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and members
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and advanced arithmetic functions
• Experience using Microsoft Office and general computer operations required. Prior experience with OPERA preferred.
• Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests' interests and needs are always primary.
• Ability to handle multiple lines while maintaining efficient operation.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 15 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Prior Hotel/Resort and customer service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
High school diploma or equivalent.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Chesapeake Hospitality Standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Benefits : 401k, Major Medical Insurance, Vison, Dental, Short Term Dis