Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewProvide friendly, efficient and hospitable service at the front desk. Provide efficient and friendly check in and check out service. Run the night audit process through the PMS system.Essential Functions
- Provide exceptional guest service in a positive and clear speaking voice, listen attentively to understand requests
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank
- Post charges to guest rooms and/or house accounts as needed
- Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested
- Research and perform revenue audit function
- Upon completion of audit, input information into general ledger system
- File paid invoices in night audit packs
- Research and respond to charge inquiries on a timely basis
- Send copies of guest folios on a timely basis via fax or mail
- File registration cards in suite number order
- Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function on the computer
- High school graduate
- One year Accounting experience
- Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal
- Provide legible communication and directions
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers)