Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Provides exceptional guest service while providing manicure and pedicure services to
guests according to the Spa standards and procedures. Services may include basic
manicures and pedicures, artificial nails, and gel nails; hand, feet, arm, calf and neck
massages; hot oil therapy; nail fills, repair, wraps, polishing and art.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Provides consistent professional nail services in accordance with spa protocols
and accepted certification practices to male and female guests. Examines and
evaluates the condition and appearance of nails and surrounding skin to provide
advice on proper nail care.
2. Provides the highest level of customer satisfaction by listening and
understanding guests' needs and desires. Provides answers to questions about
available services and treatments. Maintains and expands the patronage of spa
and salon by actively promoting/upselling additional treatments, services and
retail products. Maintains knowledge of other services and amenities of the
property. Explains features and benefits of spa products, treatments and
services to guests.
3. Manages time efficiently to maintain tight schedule, prepare for guests and
execute all services. Monitors schedule to minimize delays.
4. Demonstrates respect, sensitivity and concern for guests' needs in a professional
manner. Maintains strict confidentiality according to department procedures and
guidelines. Sterilizes and sanitizes tools and equipment according to State law
and spa protocol.
5. Uses computer systems to accurately enter information, chart and document
each guest seen.
6. Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes
immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use
of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have
the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the
proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the
required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or
lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains
strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and
familiarizes self with current MSDS.
7. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Complies with area/room set up and sanitation procedures, inventory and linens
guidelines. Assists in maintaining cleanliness and restocking of all service areas.
2. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter
to management. Ensures all guest communications are in compliance with Spa
department and hotel standards. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all
unusual events or circumstances, inappropriate guest behavior, missing items, or
alleged theft. Ensures safety of guests at all times when performing services.
Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems,
potential safety issues, adverse reactions, or unusual situations so prompt
corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments and staff
to fulfill guest needs.
3. Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed.
4. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any
equipment and any accidents.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Diploma or certification in Nail Technician or Cosmetology program required to
obtain a license/permit in the state/county/city of the spa.
2. One year of experience as a licensed Nail Technician in similar environment (i.e.
spa, hotel, or resort) working with upscale clientele required. Must successfully
complete a skills assessment if conducted at the spa.
3. Proficient in all types of nail care services and techniques offered by the spa for
both men and women. Able to neatly finish small, intricate designs.
Understands contraindication for nail services.
4. Must maintain current State, County, City or other required Nail Technician
licenses/permits. Must provide valid original copy of license/permits as required
by Spa and/or State law.
5. Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and
face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive
information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive
attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and
interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
6. Completes all training and continuing education as required.
7. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
8. Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the
hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
9. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
10. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read,
write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and
communicate with guests.
11. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
12. Must know all applicable health standards.
13. Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the Team Member constantly sits for sustained
periods of time and frequently walks from one work area to another. While performing
the duties of the job the Team Member constantly uses hands and fingers to provide nail
services, apply nail art and use sharp tools. The Team Member frequently grasps
objects. The Team Member perceives attributes of objects and individuals, such as size
and condition, tools, and materials. The Team Member frequently reaches by extending
hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The Team Member makes substantial movements
(motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The Team Member constantly stoops,
bends and crouches. The Team Member talks frequently and needs to hear sounds and
voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the nail treatment location and other
hotel and spa areas. Balance is occasionally required to prevent falling when walking,
moving about, and standing while providing treatments. The Team Member frequently
uses pushing and pulling motions while providing treatment or preparing work areas.