Delray Beach Marriott
Location: US - FL - Delray Beach
Ability to give meticulous manicure, pedicure, artificial nail application and hand/foot treatments.
Cross-trained to perform all services within a unisex salon operation such as, make-up applications, facial/skin care and waxing as determined by license and certification.
On-time attendance is necessary, and uninterrupted work is expected.
- Provide a full range of nail treatment services to guests, in a precise and accurate manner, following established procedures and protocols.
- Professionally greet guests, providing an initial consultation and maintaining a positive relationship throughout the appointment.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service while being courteous and attentive to guest needs, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Take initiative and action to perfect beauty service knowledge and skills.
- Proactively develop new customers---maintain client cards and send notes to existing clients on a regular basis.
- Participate in promotional activity to build current guest loyalty and/or attract new guests. Activities include the provision of complimentary services and educating guests on available promotions & programs (e.g., series sales, retail sales, etc.).
- Attend and participate in training meetings, sales promotions and outside beauty shows.
- Perform general clerical duties (as needed) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assess guest needs, inquire about contraindications, and examine skin, hair, or nails to evaluate condition, appearance, and appropriateness of scheduled service.
- Determine and advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care.
- Demonstrate, promote, and sell spa/salon retail products.
- Answer questions about general property information and amenities.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Check with guest to ensure continued comfort throughout service.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools and equipment. Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift.
- Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area. Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Maintain current licensure in service area.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
Ability to read, write, and understand English.
Requires mobility. Prolonged walking and standing.
Remain in stationary position for 60 minutes throughout work shift.
Horizontally and vertically move items weighing up to 20 pounds up to six feet above ground.
Normal vision and hearing range.
Normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound.
Requires high school education or equivalent.
State and County license required.
Minimum of two years nail treatment experience in a spa or resort environment preferred.
Speak with others using clear and professional language