The Maintenance, Repair, Operations (MRO) Buyer position is responsible for the management of the procurement of approximately $ 6.7m annually in goods and services using the company’s Champs® and Puridiom® inventory and procurement systems in support of the Hersheypark maintenance operation. Working with the maintenance team, the MRO buyer is charged with the competitive purchasing of all MRO goods and services and orders to ensure the quality and continuity of supply while minimizing total costs. This position identifies and implements cost savings opportunities to create value and lower the cost of goods purchased.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for accuracy, pricing, suppliers, delivery dates and to ensure all quality standards are met.
- Works closely with maintenance team in expediting deliveries to meet operational requirements and to maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Leads supplier bidding processes and negotiations.
- Implement strategies that consistently strive for continuing improvements in supplier quality, cost and service.
- Proactively resolves procurement issues with suppliers including the disposition of non conforming goods or services.
- Recommends refinements to the overall procurement process to ensure efficient and cost effective processes.
- Self identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings and tracks results.
- Collaborates with centralized Procurement Team in development of overall procurement strategies and suppliers impacting MRO goods and services.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience, preferably with supervisory experience in a union environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience (Manufacturing, Construction/Maintenance, or Amusement Park
- Minimum of three (3) years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated, working knowledge of MRO commodities with strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree - Business Administration, Financial Management, Information Management, Organizational Management, Sales & Marketing
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education - 5 years
- Motivated self starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with inventory control, receiving and shipping processes.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills especially with maintenance trades and suppliers and ability to work effectively in teams and maintains the highest ethical standards in all aspects of the role.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (50ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer