Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThe Mixologist Lead / Jr. Sommelier coordinates the complete wine, cocktail and full beverage program of the Food and Beverage division.Essential Functions
- Assists in creating a wine, cocktail and full beverage list for all of the outlets.
- Works closely with Restaurant Manager and F&B Director.
- Creates training programs to be in place in order to increase product awareness and increase in sales.
- Monitors daily & monthly inventories.
- Is aware of all the liquor rules and regulation set by the State of Vermont.
- Monitors and critiques wine & beverage quality and service levels.
- Is responsible for purchasing, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Assists ensuring physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the restaurant, including inspecting table tops, and side-stations.
- Serves cocktails and/or menu items to bar guests; up-sells when taking orders.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side-work. Stocks service station. Folds and stacks cocktail napkins and prepare bowls of bar snacks.
- Monitor guest behavior and amount of alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Communicates effectively with the Chef, kitchen and stewarding staff.
- Ensures prompt delivery of wine and beverages to the guest's table.
- Maintains a daily log of important information to share with the department.
- Provides employees with the information needed to perform their job effectively.
- Prioritizes and assigns work.
- Ensures that each check at the bar is accurate and proper payment is received.
- Maintains house bank and handles all cash according to Resort policies and procedures.
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events.
- 3+ years mixology and/or luxury bartending experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of wine, beer, spirits and high-end cocktail creation
- Experience in a luxury F&B establishment
- Passion for wine and desire to achieve sommelier status
- Flexible schedule to include evenings weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Excellent guest service skills and great communicator
- Experience with POS systems
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid DLC certification required
- SPECIAL NOTE: Upon completion of winter season (April 15th) the company will fund your sommelier training.