The Manager, Training & Quality Assurance is responsible for the evaluation, creation, facilitation and follow up of the Entertainment Complex Food & Beverage orientation and training programs for part time and seasonal employees as well as supplemental staffing (volunteers/temporary employees). This position will regularly review and analyze guest and employee feedback surveys and scores and meet and work with all department managers to ensure that orientation and training is tailored to specific areas and supervisory levels throughout the Complex. Areas of training will focus on new employee orientation and hands on training, guest service/hospitality training, food safety and sanitization, alcohol service and compliance, child labor law compliance, and part time supervisor level growth and development.
- Evaluate and create in classroom and on-line orientation and training programs for the Entertainment Complex Food & Beverage team based on individual areas through regular review and analysis of Guest Service and Employee surveys/scores. Regularly collect feedback from current and previous employees in order to be able to provide regular updates to orientation and training programs that meets the needs of the department and employees.
- Facilitate orientation and training sessions and provide leadership and guidance to part time training focused staff in order to have them assist as needed. Additionally, oversee the training records for Entertainment Complex Food and Beverage employees; to include, new employee orientation, hands on operational training, alcohol service training (TIPs), food safety training (ServSafe), child labor law, and other related orientation and training programs.
- Audit employees and supervisors during regular operations to ensure proper procedures are followed; to include food safety and sanitation, hospitality and guest interactions, child labor law compliance and alcohol service procedures, and make recommendations to the management team for additional training opportunities.
- Oversee the evaluation process for employees to ensure each employee receives a minimum of one evaluation per year and that all performance information is accurately entered into the computer systems so that employees receive their appropriate pay increase based on their performance.
- Create, implement and audit training procedures for volunteer and temporary employees to ensure supplemental staffing employees are aligned and follow all standards and practices as permanent, seasonal and year round HE&R employees.
- Serve as a department level and as an Entertainment Complex Manager On-Duty representative during operational events.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in training & development, food & beverage management or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor’s degree - Relevant work experience can be substituted for education, a total of five (5) years of related work experience is required if no degree is obtained.
- Upon employment must certify in the following certifications: TIPS Trainer Certification, ServSafe Dual Status (Instructor/Proctor) Certification, ServSafe Allergen Certification.
- Experience in Hospitality Management, Food & Beverage/Restaurant/Travel & Tourism industries highly preferred.
- Experience with development of training & onboarding programs for employee populations.
- Ability to work well within a self-directed atmosphere yet work effectively with team members as needed to achieve desired outcomes/goals.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction and supervision
- Effective at empowering and encouraging others through teaching, modeling, and mentoring.
- Effective and creative problem-solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective organizational skills to keep track of multiple tasks, situations, and people.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
- The work schedule for this position will include a flexible schedule that includes days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays based on operational needs.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer