The Manager, Physical Security & Technologies is responsible for providing direct oversight of existing physical security systems and processes employed at Hersheypark, Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena, GIANT Center, and Hershey Theatre. This role will be responsible for developing, proposing, and introducing new physical security solutions and equipment based upon risk mitigation strategies, new industry trends, and the emergence of improved security technologies and will have shared responsibility for enterprise wide incident response for assisting all HE&R properties with workplace and incident investigations.
- Provide direct oversight of existing physical security systems and processes employed at Hersheypark, Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena, GIANT Center, and Hershey Theatre
- Serve as the liaison with other HE&R operations and community partners that share physical security technologies and equipment. Existing processes and systems include: - Close Circuit Television (CCTV) system - Life Safety alarm systems - Intrusion alarm systems - Electronic access control systems - Mechanical access control systems - Security tour systems - Threat monitoring software
- Work closely with the Assistant Complex Director in developing, proposing, and introducing new physical security solutions and equipment based upon risk mitigation strategies, new industry trends, and the emergence of improved security technologies.
- Provide on-site security management support for events occurring at Entertainment Complex venues, and Hersheypark, in a management capacity, while acting as the assigned Security Department Duty Representative.
- Conduct and coordinate incident investigations involving patron and HE&R employee misconduct.
- Serve as a liaison with Derry Township Police Department for criminal investigations.
- Investigate Entertainment Complex PT employee violations of Company Policies.
- Investigate Entertainment Complex Motor Vehicle Accidents.
- Respond to incidents occurring at other HE&R venues, outside the Entertainment Complex, as required.
- Provide leadership and represent the Safety and Security favorably to both internal and external partners by being an active participant.
- Contributing data to support the Assistant Complex Director and the Complex Director in creating operating and capital budgets.
- Represent the Entertainment Complex Safety and Security Department at meetings, trade/industry conferences.
- Provide timely responses to all forms of patron correspondences and bringing about win-win solutions in resolving guest-related issues.
- Supporting, developing, coaching, and conducting performance reviews for the direct reports serving as Security Group Leaders.
- This position will be required to serve as an Event Manager on Duty as assigned.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience working with physical security systems & technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Associates Degree or higher in Security & Loss Prevention is preferred.
- Preferred industry experience with Physical Security & Technology.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Post-Employment - Obtain the Certified Protection Officer designation Completion of ICS 300 Course Complete First Aid / CPR / AED training Complete PA Special Fire Police course Complete OCAT / PATH courses
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position includes operational hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer