Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Provide departmental managers and external customers assigned duties and services in a timely and accurate manner; willing to service in response to daily duties, special situations and urgent requests; assist in the facilitation of requests either through completion or efficient follow up through hotel management.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Generates Banquet Event Orders
* Generates Group Resumes
* Generates business correspondence
* Utilize Delphi system for accurate blocking of events, groups, traces, and generation of BEOS
* Generate Delphi Daily and Weekly reports
* Attend departmental meeting
* Remain available to hotel colleagues via radio while on property
* Generate amenities requests and input traces in SMS
* Generate internal departmental correspondence and forms
* Collect, organize, copy, and distribute banquet event orders
* Create small copies of daily events and banquet event orders for departmental managers
* Take inquiry information for social events and one day meetings
* Provide to the Director of Catering & Conference Services with Delphi forms and reports
* Generate office supplies order for the department
* Maintain inventory for Catering Sales Kit, Wedding Packages, Banquet Menus and all collateral material
* Generate Food & Beverage and Venue Rental Revenue Report for the Director of Social Catering on a monthly basis
* Update client mailing list for Top Social VIP accounts
* Update agenda with available dates to sell for Director of Social Catering
* Update records, as directed by departmental managers, to be reflected in the Directory Boards on a daily basis
* Perform additional duties as assigned by Director of department
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Cross trains with Meeting and Events Concierge to assist fellow team members and event planners on the function room floors and venues.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
* Must be a self-motivator
* Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
* Must have computer software aptitude
* Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications is desirable (Delphi and Meeting Matrix preferred)
* Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
* Must have superior organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.