Wyndham Hamilton Park
Meeting and Conference Services Manager
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest and most diverse hotel company with approximately 7,410 hotels worldwide. With iconic brands and hotel choices in every category from upscale to economy, we offer not only the most lodging choices around the world but also exceptional customer service and great value.
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at
Duties & Job Functions
Meeting & Conference Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation
of the banquet set-up department and the coffee break department, and for assisting
to ensure successful events and functions in banquet operations.
must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all
guests, managers, and fellow associates.
all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel’s banquet
set-up and coffee break departments.
with the food and beverage manager and the executive chef and keep them
informed of issues as they arise.
immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring
and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention within the department.
and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor Banquet Event Orders to
ascertain equipment needs and to comprehend business flow.
- Assign associates to functions and
room set-ups to maximize efficiency.
- Work with other F&B managers and
keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
compliance with SOP’s and procedures in all outlets.
visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during set-up.
- Maintain revenue and payroll budgets;
and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
develop, and manage associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
the interviewing process of candidates and follow standards for hiring
and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
compliance with SOP’s and procedures in department.
overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints in a
- Comply with weekly and monthly
- Ensure the training of department
supervisors, and associates on SOP’s, report preparation and technical job
- Level of decision making authority
(nature and scope of decision-making, extent to which independent action is
- Empowered to make significant
decisions regarding interviewing, hiring, disciplinary action, coaching,
handling associate complaints, and scheduling
- Has oversight of one or more components
of the department.
- Level of autonomy (supervision
- Ability to deviate from established
procedures and make department specific decisions.
- Exercise a significant degree of
- The impact of his/her decision on the
- Work may directly impact general
- What, if any, are the supervisory
responsibilities? Including titles that report into the position, approximate
number of direct and indirect reports.
- Due to size and complexity of
operations, may have multiple direct reports including on the line supervisors,
and hourly associates.
- At least 3 years of progressive
experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at
least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more
years of related experience.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disability/Veterans)
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor
at all times.
- Must be able to effectively
communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all
level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count
On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to,
understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and
prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as
- Maintain regular attendance in
compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Management Standards, as required by
scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal
appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group
Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Maximize efforts towards productivity,
identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as
- Must be able to understand and
evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to maintain
confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by