At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Perform various types of massage treatments i.e., Swedish, deep tissue, bamboo, etc.
· Proficiency in all components of massage, body treatments (scrubs and wraps), anatomy and physiology.
· Proficiency in performing a variety of body treatments.
· Prepare and maintain treatment area supplies daily.
· Ensure the privacy of each guest.
· Attend weekly and monthly departmental staff meetings as requested.
· Conduct tours of the facility as needed, to ensure a pleasant visit of each guest.
· Promote and sell massage and body products.
· Attend product knowledge training as required.
· On-time attendance and ability to work uninterrupted is required.
· Work cooperatively with other departments.
· Perform special tasks as requested by the Spa Manager.
· Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and neatness of facility.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Current license(s) and certificate(s) for massage therapy as required by the state, county, city/town.
· Two years’ experience administering massage and body treatments in a comparable facility desired.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Walking, Reaching, Manual Dexterity, Eye Hand Coordination, Near Vision & Color Recognition; Occasional Sitting, Crouching, Lifting up to 25lbs, Gross Motor Skills, Far Vision & Hearing; Constant Standing
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Inside, Closely with Others, Above Ground, With Detergents & Chemicals, Noise and Vibrations, Smoke/Fumes/Gas & Excessive Humidity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.