A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
- Offer the highest level of personalized service while maintaining a gracious, enthusiastic, helpful and professional attitude with all guests and colleagues.
- Create special conversations with guests which identify personal preferences in order to record in each guest's profile history.
- Maintain a daily record (via Spa Soft software) of all guest requests, reservations and confirmations for guests.
- Communicate and describe in an articulate manner the spa offerings and their benefits.
- Provide consistent massage and body treatments as directed in training classes and accepted certification practices.
- Properly care for equipment and product used throughout the spa facility.
- Understands and adheres to punctuality for spa appointments.
- Ability to compare and contrast the different services on the menu.
- Recommend and up-sell services that fit the guests' needs.
- Recommend spa products that fit the guests' needs.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Handle guest questions and concerns with professionalism and courtesy
- Respond to guest requests immediately, accurately, and appropriately.
- Understand the importance of and committed to continuing education.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation, sterilization, restocking rooms, and the pantry area.
- Maintain an understanding of the spa industry and spa philosophy (balance, relaxation, unity, and a healthy lifestyle)
- Understand that as a representative of the Spa they will maintain a healthy, fit appearance and a positive attitude.
- Maintain a clean, safe, stocked and well organized work area
- Maintain spa appearance and cleanliness.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Assist in all areas of the spa operation as directed by management
- Comfortable around guests in a state of undress.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a licensed therapist in a luxury hotel setting
- Must possess a Nevada license in massage therapy
- Self-motivated a must
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school with a massage, face, pedicure license or combination license
- Knowledge of current spa trends
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of holistic concepts and treatments
- Comfortable performing treatments for at least 8 hours
- Must understand current state and local laws for treatments.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.(ref. 49758)