Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the town of Del Mar, L'Auberge Del Mar is the perfect place to enjoy all that Southern California has to offer. After a $26 million renovation introducing award-winning dining options and a cheerful and cozy spa, we're proud to say that the sea has never been this sweet.
Our most important priority is to make L'Auberge Del Mar a successful, enjoyable and progressive place to work. Our associates are our greatest assets and we pledge our best efforts to ensure that every associate is respected as an integral part of the L'Auberge team. Our commitment to excellence ensures a level of service that consistently anticipates and exceeds the expectations of our guests. Our associates take a pro-active approach to provide consistently high standards of personal and attentive service to our guests. L'Auberge embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and nurture an environment where our associates create better ways to do things. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, 401 (k) retirement plan with matching contributions, career development programs, exceptional training programs , amenity discounts, Destination Hotel and Resorts discounts, complimentary meals and parking, opportunities for promotion from within, holiday dinner parties, associate recognition programs, associate opinion surveys, paid vacations and holidays. If you want to be challenged, make a difference, and experience a sense of accomplishment, we invite you to learn more about our exciting employment opportunities.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. A massage therapist provides a variety of touch modalities for our guests as listed in the Spa Menu which include massage and body treatments. Using outstanding guest service the massage therapist will also suggest products and services to meet the individual needs of each guest. Essential Functions
- Create memorable experiences with a warm, welcoming personality that can relate to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Maintain training and credit hours required to sustain state issued Massage Therapist license
- Restore and restock treatment rooms to a neat and professional manner after each service
- Ensure the privacy of each guest
- Provide consultation to guests as needed to determine their unique needs and expectations
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience providing spa treatments to others is required.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members, and resort leaders.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring attention to detail.