A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is looking for a Massage Therapist to join our team!
Job Summary: Provides exceptional guest service while providing massages and body treatment services to guests according to the Spa standards and procedures.
- Provides consistent professional massage modalities and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices to male and female guests.
- Develops an appropriate treatment plan based on the guest's needs and requests.
- Provides the highest level of customer satisfaction by listening and understanding guests' needs and desires.
- Maintains and expands the patronage of spa and salon by actively promoting/upselling additional treatments, services and retail products. Maintains knowledge of other services and amenities of the property. Explains features and benefits of spa products, treatments and services to guests. Provides answers to pre-treatment and post-treatment questions.
- Manages time efficiently to maintain tight schedule, prepare for guests and execute all treatments. Monitors schedule to minimize delays.
- Demonstrates respect, sensitivity and concern for guests' needs in a professional manner. Maintains strict confidentiality according to department procedures and guidelines. Follows proper draping procedures and Blood Borne pathogen procedures at all times.
- Uses computer systems to accurately enter information, chart and document each guest seen.
- Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Complies with room set up and sanitation procedures, inventory and linens guidelines. Assists in maintaining cleanliness and restocking of all treatment rooms.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management.
- Ensures all guest communications are in compliance with Spa department and hotel standards.
- Ensures safety of guests at all times when performing treatments. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, adverse reactions, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken.
- Communicates with other departments and staff to fulfill guest needs.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma or certification in Massage Therapy required to obtain a license/permit in the state/county/city of the spa.
- Three to five years of experience as a licensed Massage Therapist with two years as a lead in similar environment (i.e. spa, hotel, med spa, or resort) desired. Must successfully complete a skills assessment if conducted at the spa.
- Trained and certified in all basic massage techniques. Must be able to perform all massage treatments offered by the spa for both men and women. Able to deliver diverse massage modalities, including Swedish and Deep Tissue. Understands contraindication for massage therapy.
- Must maintain current State, County, City or other required Massage Therapist licenses/permits. Must provide valid original copy of license/permits as required by Spa and/or State law. Valid CPR certificate or willingness and ability to obtain one may be required.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes all training and continuing education as required.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must know all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of the job the team member constantly stands for sustained periods of time and frequently walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member constantly uses hands and fingers to provide massage and body treatments and operate a computer. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member perceives attributes of objects and individuals, such as size, shape, muscle attributes, temperature or texture by touching skin. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member makes substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The team member occasionally ascends/descends stairs. The team member constantly stoops, bends and crouches. The team member talks constantly and needs to hear sounds and voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the spa treatment rooms and other hotel and spa areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, moving about, and standing while providing treatment or preparing rooms. The team member frequently uses pushing and pulling motions while providing treatment or preparing treatment areas. Lifting is regularly required to move, clean or prepare rooms. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently while providing treatments/massage, preparing room and moving objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to enter data and view a computer terminal. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and make observations about the guests served and spa facilities. The team member is primarily subject to inside environmental conditions. Depending on treatment type and treatment area may be exposed to areas and materials that are very cold (i.e. 30 degrees) or very hot (i.e. 110 degrees) for prolonged periods of time. The noise level is primarily quiet. The team member may be subject to vibration. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to electrical current found in spa related equipment and areas. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condit
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.