Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Marketplace Bistro Attendant is responsible for greeting guests and taking food orders which would entail light food preparation.Also, preparing beverages and assisting guests with any other “grab and go” item.Associate to be in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet guests and answer all questions about the menu.
- Accurate and prompt order taking.
- Prompt preparation of food and/or beverage in accordance with prescribed procedures and brand standards.
- Timely delivery of beverages/food to guests.
- Prepare check and collect payment from guests in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with Company policy and IRS regulations.
- Immediately clean all spills and breakage.
- Clean equipments and areas. Restock service items
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
- High school education or related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper ordering, beverage preparation and food handling techniques.
- Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.