DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing Office - Calgary
POSITION: Marketing Manager - City
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Public Relations
Primary Function of the Position:
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Public Relations this position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Marketing functions for CRMR city restaurants - Cilantro, The Lake House and The Loft. This position is based in Calgary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Selling and marketing ticketed events- Wine/Beer/Cocktail/Chefs' dinners, Communicating and working in conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations.
• Marketing of events through Social Media, Web blasts, Blog posts and print material with restaurants. Ensure clear communication with Director of Marketing & Public Relations.
• Work with Restaurant Manager/Event Coordinator and Chef to organize the menu and execution of the event
Offsite Sponsored Events
• Plan and execute offsite marketing events/sponsorship throughout the year in cooperation with the restaurants.
• Coordinate staffing needs.
• Ensure signage has been arranged to properly represent the property that is participating.
• Work with event organizers to ensure the agreed upon sponsorship has been fulfilled.
• Work alongside the restaurant management team and Director of Marketing & Public Relations to develop promotional programs for the restaurants. E.g. Prix fixe dinner menus, happy hour, express lunch.
• Develop a plan to execute the role out of the promotion and how it will be communicated to the consumer.
• Prepare and execute monthly web blasts for city restaurants
• Prepare social media ad campaigns
• Oversee social media calendar with the Print & Marketing Coordinator for all restaurants and ensure all content is on brand.
• Work with the Print & Marketing Coordinator on blogging calendar.
• In conjunction with the Print & Marketing Coordinator, plan photography to be taken at each restaurant to ensure current content is available for social media and blogs.
• Ensure restaurant websites are kept up to date with current menus and information (this includes Open Table and other places where menu information is found).
• Monitor and respond to customer reviews through a variety of sites (social media, Open Table, Trip Advisor, Yelp etc.). Report trends each month.
• Provide monthly social media tracking reports for all restaurants.
• Work with restaurant event coordinators to ensure event marketing material is current and professional.
• Work with restaurant management teams to ensure that all marketing materials for trade shows is current and accurate.
Trade & Consumer Shows
• Organizing event booth at shows and ensure that marketing material, flat sheets and swag are displayed in an organized and professional manner.
• Attend trade and consumer shows (often on weekends). This requires a strong knowledge of all properties, their function spaces and capacities.
Benefits : Come join the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts family! We of(ref. 20985)
Experience / Education Requirements
• At least 2-3 years marketing experience, preferably in the food and beverage/hospitality industry.
• Results oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• An ability to take initiative and multi-task. Working in a fast paced environment.
• A keen attention to detail.
• Flexibility -evening and weekends as required.
• Trade Show experience an asset.
• Ability to provide public speaking skills.
• Valid driver's license and dependable vehicle.
• Experience using a DSLR Camera and shooting food photography is an asset.