Nestled on the northern tip of Isle of Palms, a lush barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, Wild Dunes Resort is located less than 30 minutes from the charm and grace of historic Charleston. The Resort occupies 1,600 acres of oceanfront paradise with a variety of accommodations ranging from the AAA Four-Diamond Rated Boardwalk Inn and The Village at Wild Dunes to private condos and luxury home vacation rentals. Offering a year-round menu of championship golf, nationally-ranked tennis, award-winning recreation, spa services and restaurant options, Wild Dunes Resort has been distinguished by many publications and associations as a top destination for families, golfers, tennis lovers, and meeting and event planners.
As a team member at Wild Dunes, we offer exciting staff discounts and benefits: reduced golf fees, complimentary Tennis Court and Recreation pool usages, retail outlet and national hotel discounts. We are a united and coordinated collection of talented and diverse individuals who are here for a single purpose - to serve our guests. Together, we provide service for our guests that will surprise and delight.
Job OverviewEssential Functions
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- Design, produce and proof resort collateral and other communication tools directed to resort guests, members, property owners and Team Members, including: monthly and weekly newsletters, e-blast creative, seasonal collateral, instructional and revenue generating signage, outdoor signage, social media design support, advertising creative support, resort restaurant menus, resort brochures, etc.
- Provide for departments’ marketing needs (golf, tennis, recreation, spa, food & beverage, Club, etc) working within the resort brand guidelines, including executing email campaigns, designing and printing marketing collateral, creating print and digital ads as needed, updating on-property marketing channels, updating the resort’s Web site, etc.
- Work with printing vendors to request estimates, place orders, approve proofs, source new processes/efficiencies and stay abreast of production trends
- Manage resort photography and logos
- Participate in monthly departmental marketing meetings
- Track inventory of marketing collateral and supplies to ensure adequate levels are on hand at all times
- Ensure that corporate design and quality standards are met on all creative materials
- Disseminate collateral to resort departments as needed
- Special projects and tasks as needed
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problem with good judgment
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Work with minimal supervision
- Establish and maintain effective staff relations
- Maintain confidentiality of departmental information and pertinent resort data
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times and maintain work area in a professional, orderly manner
- Present a positive company image through all phases of public and/or customer interaction
- Interface positively with other departments, offering assistance when needed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks from the creative process through production effectively and within deadlines
- Must have a background in graphic design
- Must have a 4-year degree with a background in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Business
- At least two years customer service experience preferred