Market Sales Manager
We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
The Market Sales Manager will work in conjunction with the Director of Market Sales to achieve the hotel's revenue and market share goals for two or more properties. This position will solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business in the assigned market segment.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Solicit and servicing new and existing assigned accounts
• Conducts a required amount of sales activities including telemarketing, cold calls, e-mailing and prospecting.
• Schedule and completes sales appointments
• Organizes, maintains, and tracks sales data
• Participates, as needed, in Revenue Management strategies with DOMS and GM
• Other responsibilities include building solid business relationships with local companies, creating innovative means for attracting and retaining groups and meeting room opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
• One-year certificate from college or technical school and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver's license required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlooks, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers/potential customers.
• Ability to interpret and anticipate customers' needs.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.