A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Do you enjoy serving high quality deli foods and beverages with pride? Is delivering exceptional guest experience important to you? Are you a team-oriented individual who enjoys a variety filled environment? Are you enthusiastic and a good communicator? Are you quality-driven with attention to details?
If yes, Vista Collina Resort, Napa's newest luxury destination, has the ideal high-profile position for an exciting person like you!
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Napa, Vista Collina Resort ushers in a new way to discover Wine Country. With thoughtful, Tuscan-style décor, a tasting village, a locally-sourced, artisanal market, and a spacious community lawn for picnic, play and private concerts, Vista Collina isn't simply a resort in Napa. It is Napa at its finest
Provides customers with prompt service, quality food and beverage products. Maintains clean and comfortable store environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Helps guests select food and beverages by providing detailed information about available selections. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability.
- Enters orders to POS system and records guests' choices, special dietary needs and special requests.
- Prepares quality products including sandwiches, salads, breads, pastries, beverages with the use of kitchen equipment and tools, blenders and other equipment assisting in food preparation. This position requires some basic knife skills. Prepares food items according to recipes and health & safety standards. Ensures guests are served quickly, courteously, and efficiently.
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash, credit card, or room accounts. Accurately counts and provides change to customers as required. Balances all payment methods with accuracy to sales report.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work areas. Keeps area stocked.
- Provide guests a high-level dining experience, while maintaining a professional distance and staying alert to their needs.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Willingness and flexibility to work in and support other departments in the market or areas within the resort.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One year of food service or Deli Counter experience, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must have a strong knowledge of foods and ingredients served.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and work under pressure of serving multiple guests at once.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between activities occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plateware and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as extremely hot glassware and plateware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while taking orders and interacting with guests. The team member is frequently alerted of a coworker's presence from behind to avoid accidents. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The team member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and furniture. Lifting is regularly required to prepare dining areas, serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays, glassware, trashcans, and dishes. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform the job. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working inside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 1 00 degrees while moving around in the kitchen or performing duties while outside temperatures are high. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise (or music) when working in or around the kitchen and dining areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.