Sunriver Resort, Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon. Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers.
Job OverviewThe Marina Aide is responsible for providing a safe and fun experience for all guests while using the marina facilities. S/he will work with the marina team to load and unload equipment, as well as assisting guests in and out of watercraft.Essential Functions
- Interacts with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Assists with overall direction and coordination of guest marina tours
- Informs guests of safe handling of boats
- Assists with getting guests in and out of boats
- Assists with teaching of marina lessons/programs
- With assistance, lifts boats in and out of water
- Maintains a clean, safe and secure environment
- Assists with lifting boats onto trailer at pick-up point
- Assists with opening and closing of the marina
- Promotes the sale of rentals, marina lessons/programs, food & beverage, fishing poles packages and merchandise
- Maintains a strong knowledge of marina surroundings and trip options
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Provides general resort information to guests
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Attends appropriate department and resort meetings
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.