This position is responsible for managing all aspects of food and beverage service in the Hershey Grill and the Cocoa Cabana.
This position reports to the Director of Restaurants.
- Responsible for managing the full Guest Experience in the Hershey Grill and Cocoa Cabana.
- Effectively trains, coaches, motivates and supports direct reports.
- Responsible to oversee effective training, coaching and hands-on support of hourly associates.
- Actively manages training program.
- Maintains proper staffing levels through overseeing and participating in: posting jobs when needed, maintaining accurate job postings, interviewing, hiring, scheduling and training.
- Actively maintaining, enforcing and training on company SOPs and mandatory training programs.
- Responsible for forecasting revenue and expenses including controllable expenses and labor. Proactively manages all spending to meet goals.
- Maintains safe working conditions including actively managing processes to ensure proper health and sanitation standards.
- Oversees and participates in inventory processes as scheduled or otherwise needed.
- Effectively communicates with other managers within and outside of the Food & Beverage department to ensure positive Guest and Employee experiences.
- Responsible for approving accurate timecards within deadlines provided.
- Participates in the Hershey Lodge Manager on Duty rotation.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years in Restaurant Management or relevant field.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or related program of study preferred.
- Current ServSafe and TIPS Certification preferred. Must obtain certifications as a condition of continued employment.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal skills required in the English language.
- Thorough and demonstrable knowledge of Food & Beverage service.
- Highly proficient in computer programs and systems utilized by the company and shows the ability to adapt, learn and become proficient in new computer systems, software and technology.
- Ability to interact in a welcoming and approachable manner with all guests and team members.
- Communicates effectively to ensure a supportive and inclusive team of professionals.
- Anticipates and ensures all supplies and materials are available for each staff member to effectively perform their job function.
- Regularly communicates with Director of Restaurants and Culinary partners to proactively manage and improve service standards, marketing strategies, Guest comments/concerns and menus.
- Sets goals and assists in goal setting of direct reports.
- Ability to operate each outlet under the laws and regulations set forth by both the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and the Department of Agriculture.
- Physical requirements include ability to walk and stand 75% - 100% of the shift; bend, reach and lift up to 35lbs.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer