Manager, PR & Communications
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Mar 25, 2018
Position DescriptionCarlson Rezidor Hotel Group is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by the company’s new holistic 5-year plan a vision to become one of the top 3 hotel companies in the world. To help us achieve this, the Manager of PR & Communications will play a critical role in helping communicate the company’s new vision and strategy. While the role’s concentration will be primarily on the Americas, including U.S., Canada and Latin America, the position will work in partnership with global communications teams to bring consistency in articulating the global vision, awareness, enhancing the company’s corporate brand positioning in the industry with targeted stakeholders.
- Responsible for defining the day-to-day strategy and metrics for the external communications function that are innovative, creative and results driven
- This position partners closely with the Director, Internal Communications to ensure alignment with the company’s internal news and strategies
- Provide strategic communications support to senior leadership and other business partners on internal and external communications, and corporate reputation issues and initiatives from conception through effective delivery
- Provide external communications counsel for business areas including: development, loyalty, corporate social responsibility, sourcing, operations and safety & security
- Develop hotel facing PR strategies which build corporate and brand engagement with owners and franchisees in partnership with marketing and development
- Support the company’s managed hotel portfolio with corporate public relations and communications strategies and tactics
- Oversee department processes and integration of key messages, including overarching company strategic messages
- Direct team resources, outside agencies, freelance talent and other resources as necessary to implement external communications strategies and campaigns on behalf of Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Develop content for multiple internal and external communications vehicles
- Oversee crisis communications planning and response
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism.
- 8-10 years of experience in corporate public relations or public relations agency and experience in hospitality, travel or previous experience supporting a franchised business a plus.
- Strong experience and capability to build relationships, work closely with, influence and counsel leaders at all levels of the company.
- Strong background in news writing, media relations management and tracking, conversant in social media strategies and tactics and influencer relations, reporting and related communications skills, including exceptional writing skills for news releases, media relations materials and corporate communications.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and outgoing personality, with strong attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to engage and support team initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.