Manager of Evening Operations
The Standard, High Line
Location: US - NY - New York
The Standard, High Line is now seeking a Manager of Evening Operations to oversee all hotel departments during the overnight shift.
Candidates must have extensive hospitality management experience in a comparable environment.
The Manager of Evening Operations will be responsible for overseeing the overnight operation, including managing overnight staff, overseeing the nightly operation of the house and all outlets, and assisting both guests and employees. This position will be responsible for managing the lobby flow and all guest services aspects.
This job is a fabulous challenge for those who are not faint of heart! The property is often very busy, and has multiple F&B venues which are very popular in the evening through 4am.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Manager of Evening Operations will ensure excellent service to all guests while supporting the staff. The ability for sound decision making and keeping calm in difficult situations are critical for successfully managing the operation.
- Maintains guests’ confidence and protects company’s reputation by keeping guest and company information confidential.
- Extensive qualified hospitality experience with a proven track record of excellent service and leadership.
- Must have a strong passion for the industry and desire to assist guests and make a positive impact on their stay.
- Develops and maintains strong rapport with all departments and outlets of the hotel; sustains progress by effectively partnering with all departments heads.
- The ability to handle all responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- Manages outside perimeter with Guest Relations.
- Uses keen discretion and confidentiality at all times while handling continually arising challenges.
- Responds to escalated guest concerns in a considerate, professional, and positive manner by showing empathy and actively listening.
- Responsible for following up on any issues with the relevant department heads.
- Strong Computer Skills necessary: Excel, Word, and Opera or similar PMS.
- POS (especially Squirrel) experience a definite plus.
- Practices sound business sense and high professional ethics at all times.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- An articulate and sophisticated communicator with high standards of performance together with excellent problem solving and listening skills.
- Excellent team motivator.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; able to work and make decisions without supervision.
- Must thrive working the overnight shift, including weekends and holidays, habitually.
- Must be hospitable, consistently respectful towards colleagues and guests.
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work calmly, quickly and effectively under pressure.
- Responsible for achieving objectives, ensuring that all company initiatives and other priorities as communicated by management are positively supported.