This position is responsible for the day to day functioning of the Internal Audit department of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts (HE&R). The primary responsibilities of this role include successfully executing a comprehensive internal audit plan directed at evaluating the effectiveness of the internal control environment, participating in management meetings and on special committees, identifying risks and compensating controls, communicating effectively with associates at all levels within the organization and oversight and development of the internal audit staff. This role will report directly to the Director of Internal Audit and is located within the corporate offices of HE&R, the Hershey Press Building, located in Hershey, PA.
- Assist in the design and planning of a comprehensive risk-based Internal Audit Plan.
- Conduct audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditing Standards (IPPF) – being familiar with and utilizing all aspects of the attribute and performance standards.
- Day to day supervision, management and development of the internal audit staff members.
- Assist in special audits or projects as requested by the Internal Audit Director, Senior Management or the Audit Committee Chair.
- Participate in Risk Assessment and Risk Management monitoring activities, as needed.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience with a public and/or large corporation’s internal audit department preferably with financial process and operational experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- BA in Finance/Business Administration Accounting
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing standards, analytical techniques and internal controls. Preferred experience working with ACL, IDEA & operational auditing programs.
- Ability to function as a team player and work collaboratively across company departments.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with a solid understanding of business processes.
- Ability to analyze and identify risks.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and work on various audits and projects in different phases of completion.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position will fall within normal business hours of the Hershey Press Building between 8:00AM-5:00PM.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer