Manager Food & Beverage
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Airport
Location: US - TN - Nashville
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Food & Beverage for our busy Hilton Garden Inn airport property located just minutes from the Nashville International Airport in Music City, USA. The property features include 110 sleeping rooms, a restaurant with bar, meeting room space and an on-site panty. The ideal candidate will have a background in Food & Beverage management and on-site catering operations.
Job Profile Summary:
Lead effective and efficient food and beverage operations at the hotel. Deliver products and services that meet or exceed the needs and expectations of customers. Responsible for achieving acceptable guest service scores, ensure quality assurance standards are met, achieve departmental revenue and profitability goals, manage departmental budgets, generate forecasts and create department schedules for associates. Ensure implementation of service strategies and initiatives per Company and Brand standards. Frequently collaborate with the General Manager and other property department heads to ensure food and beverage related functions are preformed professionally and according to standards. Assist in recruiting, training and developing associates skills in the food and beverage department. Maintain professionalism in a fast paced environment at all times. Possess technical knowledge and aptitude.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the following -‐ Other Duties May Be Assigned:
- Adhere to Platinum Management Services, LLC. and Brand specific standards.
- Adhere to statutory requirements applicable to food and drink service (i.e. ServSafe Food Handler Permit, Server Permit).
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the property, guests and departmental personnel.
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures and policies (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards.
- Maintains current knowledge of local area, attractions and events.
- Prepare work schedules to efficiently handle business volume.
- Monitor departmental personnel hours worked to prevent overtime.
- Perform routine inspections of food & beverage department, equipment and operations to maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards in accordance with Company and Brand specific standards.
- Handle departmental purchasing using Company purchase order policies and procedures.
- Validate receipt and store purchased items appropriately.
- Act as a liaison between the food & beverage department and all other departments.
- Recruit, train and provide career development for food & beverage personnel.
- Work with management in maximizing revenues, controlling payroll and department expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Implement and monitor inventory and cost controls.
- Keep company business including but not limited to, financials, personnel, guest and customer data strictly confidential.
- Fulfill Manager On Duty responsibilities.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of business applications PMS, POS, MICROS (ERP a+) etc.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Proficient in English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Complete understanding of hotel operations.
- Ability to attain and maintain ServSafe/Food handler/Server permit for Food and Beverage preparation and serving. Beverages may be inclusive of alcohol - location specific.
- Adaptable and willing to assist other departments in time of need.
- Ability to attend and complete Company and Brand training. Travel may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible hours/schedule; nights, weekends, holidays, flex-shifts.
- Stand and sit for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Food and Beverage leadership experience highly desirable.
- Be organized and work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Maintain professionalism at all times in a fast paced team environment.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) in order to drive property transportation vehicle. (If applicable at your location)
- 3+ years of hospitality/hotel management experience highly desirable.
- Brand certification(s) preferred.
- College degree preferred.
** To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform duties and meet requirements satisfactorily.
** As an employee, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.