Manager eCommerce - London
The eCommerce Manager will lead and execute eCommerce activities including activation of local and regional promotions SEO, PPC, retailing, website management, local email, social media and more. They will cooperatively work with regional directors, managers and senior managers to advance company goals, while supporting and directing regional and local level online promotions and managing key messages to internal and external stakeholders. They will seek-out and recommend new forms of cutting-edge technologies for test-and-learn applications to drive competitive advantage, revenue and budget efficiencies.
What will it be like to work for Hilton Worldwide?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton Worldwide offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. Because it's with Hilton Worldwide where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
* Researches and helps to identify business opportunities for London O/M & Axios hotel online performance improvement and reports findings and conclusions to upper management.
* Manages the objectives for the department/project and how those objectives are going to be accomplished.
* Works with key stakeholders, agencies and departments in London O/M & Axios, structuring the resources and activities of the department/project so objectives are accomplished.
* Disseminates, organizes and communicates regarding assignments and projects within the department/project team.
* Evaluates and streamlines business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
* Work with 'Manager - hotel tools and resources' to ensure hotel and regional promotions are aligned with over-arching brand positioning and strategy.
* Manages the cross-functional links between Global Online Services, and Key Stakeholders/Departments in London O/M & Axios.
* Adheres to measurements of Global eCommerce for the websites to ensure effectiveness, usage and awareness.
* Implements and manages departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of department are carried out and in accordance with department and company objectives.
* Oversees the development and administration of all London O/M & Axios eCommerce programs.
* Communicates important and necessary information to stakeholders via updates, reports and phone calls.
* Manages third party relationships; identifies primary eCommerce vendors locally, negotiates and monitors quality and cost of services.
* Leverages effective partnerships with Global eCommerce, Search, Revenue Management, Brand Sales, Brand Marketing, HSW, and Hotel Operations.
* Informs upper management of department's progress and advises them on key issues to help the decision making process.
* Oversees proper controls to ensure that all eCommerce processes and procedures are in place and effective site management is maintained.
* Oversees and evaluates systems to ensure all critical functionality is operating as designed and to identify opportunity for development.
* Owns and manages all London O/M & Axios eCommerce activities. (I.e. process, function, project).
* Ensures established performance standards for London O/M & Axios eCommerce department (i.e. department, job, project) are met.
* Assesses actual performance against standards to determine whether the London O/M & Axios eCommerce department (i.e. department, team, and project) is on target to reach goals and takes corrective actions as necessary.
* Ensures business plan is being followed and goals are being achieved and provides feedback accordingly.
* Enforces policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company.
* Operates within established budgetary parameters.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Participate in future requirements gathering activities relating to the development of Global and local websites
* Support brand teams with analytics of hotel engagement and metrics
* Liaise with local content providers to ensure all new/updated content activities are delivered
* Provide required regular and ad hoc reports
* Any and all other job duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
* Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to analyze website performance data (i.e. financial, statistical and/or performance).
* Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instil confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
* Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
* Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfil responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
* Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
* Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
* Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals.
* Proficient web analytics (i.e. technical) skills with the ability to quickly learn new programs and train staff.
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
* Knowledge of business mathematics, including ability to calculate percentage changes and averages/ weighted averages; working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including ability to understand/manipulate basic spreadsheets.
* Understanding of principles and practical application of driving engagement and awareness of websites.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
* Significant Digital, Online, Media or eCommerce experience (SEO, Paid Search) with experience at supervisor level or above.
* Highly proficient in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Degree or experience in lieu thereof
* Supervisory experience
* Ability to travel 15% of the time (may vary)
* Experience within Demand Generation would be preferable as would revenue management experience.
* Experience maintaining internal or external customer relationships and satisfaction.
* Experience analyzing data and presenting the findings to internal and/or external customers
* Management experience