Manager, Digital Site Merchandising & Operations
Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
Location: US - IL - Chicago
The Manager of Digital Site Merchandising is a key role on the Digital team focused on day to day optimization of the e-commerce business for greatwolf.com which drives 70-80% of revenue for the company. The successful candidate would be highly analytical and action-oriented and will drive business results through a combination of site merchandising, promotions messaging and A/B testing.
- Define and keep team focused on KPIs directly leading to revenue and EBITDA
- Leverage tools and functionality developed by development and product management to bring customer experience to life. Optimize customer flows, categorization, sorting etc.
- Leverage consumer insights and data to effectively target and engage customers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring the Merchandising strategy to life and ensure it is flawlessly executed
- Understand and optimize conversion paths with the goal of increasing room bookings and use upsell/cross-sell recommendations to drive ancillary revenue
- Coordinate promotional calendar and work with marketing and revenue management to drive a coordinated experience for guests
- Conduct competitive analysis of competitors' sites, and stay current on e-commerce best practices; make site project / enhancement recommendations in order to improve the customer experience, site conversion rates, and total revenue
- Use best in class CRM strategies to drive a personalized experience through merchandising online and in app
- Collaborate with Digital Product & Technology teams to develop product improvements that ease the customer journey and drive business goals
3-6 years' experience with web merchandising, e-commerce and business analysis. Retail experience a plus
Highly data oriented with ability to think creatively and
Bias for collaborative action (team player who can drive action). Entrepreneurial mindset of finding a way even with roadblocks.
Understanding of A/B testing platforms (Optimize, Optimizely etc) and the information coming from such tools. Ability to suggest and participate in A/B testing
3 years of managing a merchandising team preferred