Manager, Commercial Analytics
Loews Hotels and Co is a leading owner and operator of luxury hotels with a portfolio consisting of 24 hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and embrace their “uniquely local” community in order to curate exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.
The Manager of Commercial Analytics understands, owns and serves up all aspects of data analytics for the Commercial team with a high degree of accuracy, reliability and innovation with the ultimate goal of boosting our business performance. In addition to being the business owner of all commercial data, this position will maintain data collection and cleansing processes, seek innovations and customization in reports and tools that automate sales, revenue, e-commerce analytics, report generation and audits in support of the Commercial team, in order to improve metric visibility to enable quicker action and ad-hoc specific performance analysis. The position reports to the Corporate Director of Revenue Management and works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, SVP of Loews Sales Organization, Director of Group & FS Revenue Management and Director of Business Intelligence.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Combines analytical and technical skill sets using Microsoft SQL, VBA, Datavision / BI and Microsoft Excel to develop reports, dashboards and analyses that will support the commercial strategy and improve decision making
- Discovers, interprets and confidently communicates meaningful patterns in the data analysis to enable Commercial business leaders to take action
- Develops and prepares monthly reporting and visualization of all Commercial team initiatives to provide additional insights to better understand the key drivers and draw associated risks and opportunities for the future
- Creates statistical models for key business concepts and what if analyses for proposed initiatives. Serves as the nucleus for new marketing programs, alterations in protocols, and adjustments in financial strategies based on data analysis
- Supports the CRO & CCO in presenting monthly metrics in Staff and Executive Leadership meetings as well as ad hoc presentations needed
- Develops and maintains an extensive Commercial Performance Dashboard with statistical highlights for review by the senior leadership team
- Develops and maintains an STI Dashboard for Property, Regional and Home Office
- Standardizes, automates and maintains reports, tools and dashboards for Revenue Management, Sales, E-Commerce, Marketing and Communications for field use as well as Regional and Brand rollups
- Provide support, troubleshooting and development of enhancements to existing reports, tools and dashboards
- Shares, socializes and educates the field on efficient usage of reports, tools and dashboards through webinar training courses for improved visibility and quality of subsequent business decisions
- Works closely with the Director of Business Intelligence and Datavision to continue to advance the use of BI in the company by participating and leading in initiatives to enable better data driven decision making
- At least 2 years of hotel experience in either the Revenue Management or Finance discipline or Sales discipline with a focus on analytics. Multiple hotel experience preferred.
- High level & multi-year expertise using the following: Microsoft SQL/SSRS, VBA, Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience establishing and using a business intelligence system
- Experience using the following, with a high level of skill: Delphi, Omniture, other SAS based reporting tools
- Innovative thinker, problem-solver and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Team Player
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and project-oriented workload
- Experience using the following: Tableau Software, Opera PMSI, IDEAS, Delphi FDC
- Preferably, the position will be based at the Loews Hotels & Resorts Corporate Office in New York, NY, however a home or remote based position will be considered depending on the candidate and the locatio
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V