Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Mar 25, 2018
Position DescriptionThe Benefits Manager will be responsible for strategy, design, implementation and administrative oversight of all employee benefits including health, welfare, wellness, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Manages program development and execution to ensure that the company provides market competitive benefits which attract, retain and motivate employees while balancing cost control and fiscal obligations of the company. Manages all vendor and outsourced provider relationships to ensure delivery of timely, quality and cost-effective services.
- Leads the development and implementation of the overall benefit strategy, policies and benefit programs. Works with HRBP’s and leaders to measure the effectiveness of current benefit programs, including assessing participant, analyzing costs, and providing creative recommendations for program enhancements to maintain and ensure the company’s competitive position in the labor market.
- Manage vendor relationships and contract management with various outsourced service providers and benefit carriers. Includes the private health care exchange and benefits administration partner, leave administration and 401(k) administration vendors.
- Determine priorities, schedules, plans and resources in partnership with HR business partners to ensure benefit programs are effectively deployed.
- Provide reliable and timely customer service by ensuring benefit processes operate as planned and experience no significant issues. Ensures SLA’s are met.
- Identify and deliver process improvements resulting in overall employee satisfaction.
- Ensure vendor systems and procedures are compliant with company policy and/or state and federal legislation.
- Design, & implement the benefits communication strategy by providing effective communication tools and resources for employees that focus on program understanding and a culture of well-being.
- Prepares and executes benefits documentation, such as original and amended plans documents, benefits agreements and insurance policies. Reviews and analyzes documents and contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside of the company to affect changes in benefits programs.
- Provide expertise in benefit policies and processes to the organization.
- Ensure data integrity through data audits, conduct system troubleshooting and testing, research benefit plan issues and eligibility escalations, leads and oversees compliance activities including audits and annual benefit plan testing.
- Manages and understands department budgets, fees and expenses to ensure accuracy and transparency in expenditures and comparisons of expected to actual.
- Manage the benefits team through team selection, training, compensation, performance, career planning, etc
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to influence business leaders with innovative benefit solutions
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with changing priorities
- Demonstrated project management skills including consulting, collaboration, analysis and implementation
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills and problem-solving ability, particularly in ambiguous or complex situations
- Stay abreast of current trends and regulatory issues surrounding benefit plan design and administration
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels within the company
- Ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members and vendors
- Effective issue resolution management skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- In-depth knowledge of employment laws, and the regulatory environment, including the Affordable Care Act (ACA), EEO, FMLA/ADAA, COBRA, FLSA, ERISA, etc.
- Strong skills in analyzing financial reports, claims and other data, and developing sound recommendations for management decision-making – proficient with Excel.
- Ability to understand the relationship between data / systems to problem solve or improve processes
- Experience with Workday a plus!
- 8+ years of exempt-level benefits administration or consulting experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business, human resources or related field
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred
- Demonstrated vendor management expertise
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Human Resources / Training, Operations Manager