At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Position Summary: Maintain the entire hotel facility and spa, including the physical building structures, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Arrive for work on time, properly dressed and ready to represent the Essex Resort & Spa with the utmost in professionalism.
- Ensure cleanliness of appearance and uniform, particularly when working in guest areas
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment during and after work is complete
- Clean up area after work is complete. Guest rooms should be ready for occupancy when complete
- All employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities.
- Promote positive guest relations by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service and effectively resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Supports hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Develop and maintain a basic understanding of pool water balancing
- Develop a basic understanding of hotel systems, fire alarm, sprinkler system, HVAC, plumbing
- Carry out preventive maintenance tasks on all mechanical, technical, painting & and plumbing equipment
- Assist management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations.
- Assist guests with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction. Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with departments regarding work requests and out of order equipment and rooms
- Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and established hotel area down times in order to minimize inconveniencing guests.
- Effectively interact with department managers is required
- Must be able to work well with all members of the Engineering Department and all other associates.
- Must promote a cordial and caring attitude toward all other hotel associates
- Project a calm demeanor, even in the most stressful situations
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of facilities maintenance including, but not limited to plumbing, basic electrical, carpentry, and pool maintenance. Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking, and writing required. Basic Computer Skills required.
Requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of one year job-related experience.