Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dulles North
Location: US - VA - Ashburn
We are searching for an experienced maintenance technician to work for our 135 guestrooms hotel in Dulles, VA. The Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance work to ensure hotel mainitenance quality standards are achieved and maintained. In additon, mee the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g. "room care").
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets and lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools, and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Service the hotel's pool if applicable, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, and completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (i.e. snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Be prepared for exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Operation of heavy machinery.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- HVAC (CFC) certification, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of general maintenance experience (carpentry, electrical, plumbing).
- Skilled in performing hot water heaters, appliance, electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs.
- Familiarity with drywall work, painting, caulking, and basic carpentry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs. to 50 lbs
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.