Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Van and Shuttle Driver will drive guests to area locations within a mile radius of the hotel.
The Engineer/Maintenance repairs and maintains facility buildings and equipment. He/she repairs include building and room renovation, plumbing, painting, sheetrock work, electrical, and carpentry. This position also may require the completion of custodial work as necessary.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of: a) scheduled daily activities. b) daily arrivals/departures, house count. c) features and services provided by the hotel. d) hours of operation of each outlet. e) parking facilities, layout, hours of operation, prices and procedures.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors; bid farewell to departing guests/visitors and invite them to return.
- Drive guests to desired location within a one mile radius of the hotel
- Ensure security of vehicle and its keys.
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquires regarding destinations within the local area.
- Inspect vehicle on a daily basis
- Report any vehicle/safety hazards;
- Follow designated procedures for vehicle accidents, breakdowns and incidents.
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor in regards to routine and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include: a) inventories b) requisition (receipt and storage) c) trash removal and clean up
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
- Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber and painter in all phases of repair work.
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Check work orders and night report for any problems.
- Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
- Perform electrical work orders: a) Replace light switches. b) Reset circuit breakers. c) Replace wall plug receptacles. d) Replace fluorescent light ballast. e) Replace electrical solenoid valve. f) Replace small motors. g) Use test equipment; multimeter, voltage tester, amp probe.
Education & Experience:
- Must have:
- Valid drivers' license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of local areas and roads.
- 3+ years experience driving vehicles.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Able to drive all types of vehicles.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Maintain concentration and think clearly under all driving conditions.
- Work in variable weather conditions.
- Ensure security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate. Prior training in guest relations. Knowledge of vehicle maintenance. Previous experience in a similar position in the Hospitality industry preferred.
- Must be flexible to work any shift as required, including weekdays and weekends.