Morgans HoteI Group is proud to be a perpetual pioneer in the hospitality industry. Founded in New York City in 1984, Morgans is recognized worldwide as the originator of the boutique hotel concept. By constantly refining basic ideas and always striving to reinvent the hotel experience, Morgans Hotel Group has created a number of breakthrough concepts that have revolutionized the industry. With twelve properties in its worldwide portfolio, Morgans is a market-leader that is poised for growth. Our design-driven approach to reinventing the traditional hotel space has made Morgans a sought after brand for guests and owners alike. Join our trend-setting team of top operators whose driving purpose is to create engaging and dynamic guest experiences for all who enter!
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Must understand building, mechanical, electrical and plumbing principals
* Three years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
* Requires manual ability to use, carry, and operate all necessary equipment
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.� This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements.� Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.� The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
* 1 year(s): Supervisor Experience
* High School or better
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals