to a Toronto hotel with luxurious comforts, friendly faces and a relaxed atmosphere
One King West Hotel & Residence seeks attentive, sincere and passionate individuals who are seeking a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic team. We not only offer opportunities to be part of a hospitality organization focused on delivering memorable guest experiences but we also empower each member of our staff to define what that experience should mean.
POSITION: Maintenance Supervisor (1 Full-Time POSITION)
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all applicable health and safety policies and procedures are followed and actively promote a safe culture and coordinate health and safety initiatives.
- Coach and mentor unionized maintenance staff to ensure work is accomplished effectively, efficiently, and consistently.
- Evaluate and prioritize incoming work orders and ensure all scheduled work is completed in the allocated time.
- Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness and ensure all maintenance work is captured and entered into HOTSOS.
- Conduct audits of maintenance work performed to ensure standards are met and to develop improved standards.
- Provide training and instruction to maintenance and operations personnel in repair and preventative maintenance procedures
- Develop and maintain a customer focus culture
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to details with high standards of service.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising skilled trades in a unionized environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment.
- Proven oral and written communication abilities: demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Strong PC skills including Office, Excel, Outlook
HOURS: Must be flexible and able to work various shifts (days, evenings, holidays and weekends
One King West Hotel & Residence welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process