We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
The Maintenance Personnel is responsible for building and grounds/parking lot maintenance as well as janitorial work in common areas of the hotel.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from GM/AGM. May delegate items to Maintenance/Janitorial staff as available and deemed appropriate.
• Cleans internal areas of buildings, including sweeping and mopping.
• Maintains cleanliness of public areas, storage areas, and parking lot.
• Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
• Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
• Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
• Maintains and repairs plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts, switches and fuses.
• Maintains all fixtures and equipment according to preventative maintenance schedule, and records such maintenance in log book and The Staying on TOPS of your Maintenance Poster.
• Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in small machines as well as large equipment such as company vehicles, sweepers, and riding mowers.
• Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
• Maintains and services pool and spa areas including testing and recording as stated by State and City regulations.
• Keeps accurate records of key controls.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge of, and experience with carpentry, plumbing, mechanical repair, painting and HVAC systems preferred.
• Ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.