About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Currently looking for a Maintenance Manager to lead the engineering efforts of the ALL NEW Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. Located less than a block from the Nationals baseball stadium, across the street from the Navy Yard-Ballpark metro station, this 170-room Residence Inn hotel is scheduled to open in February of 2017.
The MAINTENANCE MANAGER is responsible for: maintaining the entire hotel facility; including physical building structure; all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee the implementation of all property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor life safety systems
* Oversees and ensures that the administration of the department is in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws
* Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests’ questions, complaints or requests.
* Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pools.
* Schedules staff to perform Preventative Maintenance Program and follows and enforces procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
* Monitor supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
* Monitors work order volume and prioritizes assignments for team as necessary.
* Inspects work assignments o maintenance staff to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and within specifications.
* Manages shift operations including staff scheduling, training and coaching.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Applies feedback to improve performance.
* Work is accurate, thorough, and neat.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceed productivity standards.
* Assists staff in achieving their personal productivity expectations.
Associate demonstrates SAFETY AND SECURITY measures
* Observes, adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Provides proper safety and security training to staff.
* Practices and enforces proper safety techniques.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Undertakes self-development activities.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates effective TEAMWORK
* Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Works effectively with other departments to accomplish goals.
Associate demonstrates effective CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
Associate demonstrates effective SUPERVISING skills
* Makes self available to staff to answer questions and provide direction.
* Delegates work assignments and follows up to ensure completion.
* Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
Associate demonstrates clear and effective ORAL / WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Able to communicate effectively with staff and other departments.
* Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
* Able to read and interpret written information
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General knowledge of repairing/replacing plumbing systems, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and all kitchen equipment.
Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance and correct chemical balance.
Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions, including MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Possess Pool Certificate, CPR and AED
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor or outdoor work environment.
• Moderate to high noise levels consistent with hotel environment.
• Work shop environment.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
• The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
• Walk more than 75% of the time
• Sit less than 25% of the time
• Push / pull up to 25 lbs.
• Climb or balance 50% of time
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 50% of time
• Carry / Lift up to 75 lbs.
• Push / pull up to 75lbs