Destination Resorts Snowmass represents the finest and largest collection of slope-side properties in Snowmass Village; from the Condé Nast award-winning Stonebridge Inn to the prestigious Top of the Village Condominiums. Our diverse collection of properties offers a full range of guest experiences, amenities and accommodation sizes from ski in ski out spacious, luxury condominiums to slope-side hotel rooms and studios. Our largest advantage over our competition is our motivated, friendly and service oriented team who provide superior guest service that keeps our clientele returning season after season.
We believe in empowering fully prepared people while nurturing relationships with our staff, owners and guests. Our team provides exceptional guest experiences by balancing work and play to ensure that we have FUN. Destination Resorts Snowmass is part of Destination Hotels and Resorts, one of the fastest growing hospitality management companies in the country and this partnership can provide abundant opportunities for top performers within Snowmass and elsewhere within the organization.
Job OverviewThis position leads the engineering department and is responsible for all of the maintenance, repair, and operation of equipment and systems of the property. Also responsible for the landscaping, life safety and security of the occupants, environmental initiatives, and maintaining the operation's vehicles and controlling the property's parking areas.Essential Functions
- Maintain the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and material for the department
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations, such as fire alarms, and other life-safety situations
- Maintain a working knowledge of all federal, state, local laws, codes, and regulations
- Conducts walk-through and visually assesses the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the property, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas
- Assure proper certification of all employee mechanics and technicians, as required
- Negotiate, prepare, and administer agreements and contracts with consultants and contractors
- Produce annual operating budget for payroll, expenses, utilities, and capital improvements
- Direct ADA compliance efforts of the property
- Minimum three years of leadership experience in the facilities management of related properties or other comparable business
- Proven track record in managing an efficient work force focusing on preventative maintenance of the asset's public areas, guestrooms, and physical property
- Experience in organizing, implementing, and maintaining a preventative maintenance tracking system and work order system
- Experience in coordinating and managing hospitality capital improvement projects (i.e. public areas and guestrooms renovations, FF&E repair and reupholstering, FF&E procurement, site and building maintenance and upgrades)
- A firm understanding of Federal, State and local codes as they apply to these fields
- Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, roofs, building finishes, mechanical operations, energy management and Preventative Maintenance Programs. Construction experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills to complete reports, financial statements and forecasting.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be proficient with MS Office