Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Reports To: Director of Engineering; Engineering Administrative Assistance, and working supervisor
Date Written/revised: 10-21-16
One (1) year work experience in building maintenance or trade preferred. The individual is mechanically inclined and willing to learn and take directions. Work experience within hotel industry is preferred. The Maintenance III position requires basic skills in the following categories: General maintenance or trade.
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Carpentry & Finish Skills
Provide a clean, safe and well-maintained hotel for our guests. To repair and maintain all areas of the hotel including guest rooms, public areas, ballrooms, and function/meeting rooms, kitchens, restaurants, executive offices, back of house, roofs, parking, and electrical and mechanical rooms. Under general direction of Director of Engineer, Engineering Administration Assistant and working supervisor.
- Maintain the physical structure of the facility. Practices various trades to complete job assignments in a professional manner.
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service.
- Become independent mechanic, able to analyze problems to get work done quickly including procurement of materials, parts, etc with degree of quality.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance and cleaning programs and update records pertaining to these programs.
- Process and complete all work orders assigned and ensure that work performed complies with all applicable codes, safety, sanitation rules and regulations.
- Perform routine maintenance on supply fans/ducts and registers, guestroom fan coil units, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, wall covering, carpet, kitchen equipments, ice machines, and other areas where assigned.
- Tools – clean, lubricate, protect and other wise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. Ensure all tools used are returned to shop and secured in proper storage area.
- Emergencies-to be available for any emergencies and act in an Engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies immediately.
- Must have high mechanical ability and be willing to learn and take directions.
- Performs other duties as required to provide the “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality.
Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Job Knowledge and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to complete task by using job knowledge and skills, and to be able to vary such that the assigned task is completed in a professional manner.
- Experienced in assuming the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and to listen, apologize with empathy, find a solution and follow through when resolving guest problems.
- Able to use various hand and electric tools to complete job assignments.
- Ability to read and understand various written communication, instructions, work orders and repair manuals, as well as read various meters (electric, gas, water, fire), MSDS data, Lockout Tagout . Basic blue print reading knowledge.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 50lbs. waist high.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl, and climb in various areas of the hotel facility.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 20 feet for extended periods of time, with the ability to extend arms, often times overhead
- Requires lifting, pulling, pushing tools, equipment or materials weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to push and pull objects up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform task requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Positive attitude towards our guest and employees.
- Energy Conservation-to observe and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the engineering manager.
- Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of Maintenance III position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the this position the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The associate occasionally works in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work place is usually moderate.