Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel is seeking someone with previous hospitality experience specifically in the Maintenace department.
Flexible working schedule able to work weekends, evenings & holidays.
1. Maintenance Certification in a trade preferred
2. Other trade Certificates preferred
3. Two years technical degree preferred
3+ years work experience in building maintenance or trade preferred. The individual is mechanically inclined and willing to learn and take directions. Work experience within hotel industry is preferred. The Maintenance II position requires basic skills in the following categories: Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Pneumatic/Electronic Systems & Controls, Carpentry & Finish Skills, Kitchen Equipment.
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
* Replacement/Repairs & Preventive Maintenance, Identification of parts in relation to repairs, Ventilation / Fresh air systems, Air condition systems, Chiller Controls & VFD, Cooling towers, Expansion Tanks and make up system, Condenser loops, Supply Fans, Fan coil units, Safeties, Refrigerators & Walk In/Reach In, Ice Machine
* Installation/Repairs & Preventive Maintenance, Identification of parts in relation to repairs, Troubleshoot, Equipment Controls, Maintain in safe condition all power distribution and electrical systems, Applicable code, Read schematics and blue prints, Set up electrical system for banquets functions, Install conduits, disconnect switch, relay contactors, Generator Transfer Switches, Generators Full load testing, Transformers, Telephone system
* Replace & Repairs/Preventive Maintenance, Identification of parts in relation to repairs, Exhaust/Ventilation Systems, Kitchen Exhaust, Air Handler units, Motors, Pumps, Laundry Equipment, Boilers, Machinery (large & small), PM Generator, Read understand blue prints, Water softeners
* Installation/Repairs/Preventive Maintenance, Identification of parts in relation to repairs, Arc Welding, Brazing, Soldering, Assemble piping , Applicable Codes, Water treatment & Related chemicals, Water distribution system/valves/locations/zones, PRV'S, Fire sprinkler system/valve/location/devices, Read understand blueprints, Bathtubs/drains/installation
Pneumatic/Electronic Systems & Controls
* Replacement & Repairs/Preventive Maintenance, Identification of parts in relation to repairs, Compressors, Relays, Receiver controllers, EMS computers, EMS modules & field wiring adjustment and calibration of controls, stats and devices, Read and understand blue reading, Failure modes, Fire Alarm system
Carpentry & Finish Skills
* Installation & Repairs/Preventive Maintenance, Identification of parts in relation to repairs, Rough & finish Carpentry, Doors/frames, Laminates, Fabricate signage holders/stands, Drywall/Taping/Floating, Tile (ceramic, quarry, VCT, marble), Wall Vinyl, Carpet, Furniture touch up & repairs, Painting & staining, Acoustic (spray)
* Installation & repairs/Preventive Maintenance, Identification of parts in relation to repairs, Dish Machines, Steamers, Booster heaters, Braziers, Flat tops, Broilers, Kettles, Ovens, Choppers, Stoves, Ansul/fire suppression systems, Kitchen Exhaust fan unit
Provide a clean, safe and well-maintained hotel for our guests. To repair and maintain all areas of the hotel including guest rooms, public areas, ballrooms, and function/meeting rooms, kitchens, restaurants, executive offices, back of house, roofs, parking, and electrical and mechanical rooms. Under general direction of Director of Engineer, Engineering Administration Assistant and working supervisor. Job Knowledge and Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to complete complicated task by using job knowledge and skills, and to be able to vary such that the assigned task is completed in a professional manner.
2. Experienced in assuming the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and to listen, apologize with empathy, find a solution and follow through when resolving guest problems.
3. Able to use various hand and electric tools to complete job assignments.
4. Ability to read and understand various written communication, instructions, work orders and repair manuals, as well as read various meters (electric, gas, water, fire), MSDS data, Lockout Tagout . Basic blue print reading knowledge.
5. Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 50lbs. waist high.
6. Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl, and climb in various areas of the hotel facility.
7. Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 20 feet for extended periods of time, with the ability to extend arms, often times overhead
8. Requires lifting, pulling, pushing tools, equipment or materials weighing up to 50lbs.
9. Ability to push and pull objects up to 50lbs.
10. Ability to work throughout the facility unsupervised.
11. Ability to perform task requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
12. Positive attitude towards our guest and employees.
13. Have a working knowledge of fire alarm/detection/sprinkler system and emergency power (standby generator) system, along with Halon and range hood suppression systems.
14. Energy Conservation-to observe and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the engineering manager.
15. Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of Maintenance II position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The associate occasionally works in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
A. Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
B. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
PreferredTime-Management Intermediate Teamwork Intermediate Organized Intermediate Multi-Tasking Intermediate Detail Oriented Intermediate Behaviors
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.Experience
2-3 years: Trade experience
3 years: General Maintenance
Licenses & Certifications