Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Engineering Supervisor reports to t he Chief Engineer and is responsible for daily supervision of the Engineering staff, quality service, guest satisfaction and safety. Supervises preventive maintenance and repairs, monitors life safety systems and utilities and assist in department administration in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to the Chief Engineer and/or upward management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the Engineering staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- In conjunction with Engineering management, prepare and maintain schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities. Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Prioritize Engineering service requests to ensure guest convenience, satisfaction, safety. Assign, track, monitor and perform preventive maintenance and resolve repairs in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Ensure engineering and work areas are in orderly and clean condition. Ensure the staff is trained in the appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Examine, test and maintain life safety systems to protect guests, employees and assets.
- Monitor and control expenses.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to management so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested
- Medical/Dental/Vision/401k and other competitive benefits
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in building maintenance or related experience. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of engineering, preventative maintenance and repairs in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Ability to properly use engineering tools and supplies.
Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Work is performed inside and outside with equipment, machines and/or operating a motor vehicle. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks that requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The physical requirements include extended walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 pounds. While performing job duties, the associate is required to listen, speak and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.