Known for distinctive, refined service in worldwide cultures, Rosewood is committed to developing its associates through personalized training and building enduring relationships with both its guests and its associates.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all
departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
. Maintain all licenses, certifications, permits and
mandated record keeping.
* Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior
level on a daily basis.
. Check “go concierge” at all times for work orders,
make sure work orders are completed in a timely matter
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and
use of equipment; Use equipment only as intended.
* Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and
acknowledge all guests, busy and whenever needed any
time of day.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
* Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and
organization of assigned work areas.
* Inspect supply levels, cleanliness and organization of
storage areas; assign designated personnel to rectify
* Implement methods and techniques, which are cost
effective to improve efficiency.
* Conduct building rounds and take gauge readings; check
for potential fire hazards, burnt out lights, and faulty
* Check Engineering Logbook and Night Report for
information regarding problems; document pertinent
information in logbook.
* Collect, prioritize and coordinate completion of such
work orders received from hotel departments; ensure
scheduled completion of the following:
Replace light switches
Reset circuit breakers
Replace wall plug receptacles
Replace fluorescent light ballast
Replace electrical solonial valve
Replace small motors
Use test equipment; olumeter, voltage tester, amp probe
Unplug sinks, toilets, garbage disposals and drain lines
Repair or replace valves, gate, globe, ball, solenoid
Replace washer, gaskets, vacuum breakers, toilet seals
* Implement Preventive Maintenance program to include:
HVAC PM Program
Public Areas Walk Through Check List Assignments
Check generator weekly and extinguishers monthly
* Monitor and maintain all laundry equipment
* Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment
* Maintain guestrooms using rooms preventive maintenance
program punch list
* Change air conditioning filters every three months.
* Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings
and lubricate as necessary; also check for unusual noise
or vibration, adjusting as necessary.
* Change or repair locks as needed.
* Delegate the cutting of keys for guestroom key
* Wear a pager and respond promptly to any requests made
for problems, assistance, or emergency work orders.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel safety procedures and
ensure application of such.
* Respond as part of first response team to any early
warning or major fire alarm.
. Performs P.M. duties as requested by the P.M. program.
* Ensure to pass of information to the next shift
* Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as
they arise throughout the shift; identify situations,
which compromise the department's standards and delegate
* Assist staff with their job functions where needed to
ensure optimum standards and efficient operation.
* Monitor and handle guest complaints ensuring guest
* Complete all paperwork and closing duties before
leaving; review status of assignments and any follow-up
action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
* All other duties as required.
Experience: Minimum two experience in building
maintenance, electrical work, plumbing and
. Able to perform strenuous manual labor. This position
requires the ability to bend, climb and lift or move
heavy objects and equipment as needed. Position requires
lifting (up to 50 pounds) and moving moderate sized
equipment. Ability to climb ladders as needed for
painting assignments & maintenance work and property
repairs. Ability to operate power tools and equipment
safely. Incumbents will be required to work a flexible
schedule which can include AM/PM, weekend and holiday
shifts. Work will be completed indoors and outdoors in
all weather conditions.
* Education: High school diploma.
* General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions
with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker,
remaining calm and resolving problems using good
judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a
guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers
as part of a team; work with minimal supervision;
maintain confidentiality of guest information and
pertinent hotel data.
* Technical Skills: Basic working knowledge of building
maintenance, electrical, plumbing and refrigeration
equipment; working knowledge of plumbing practices,
electrical practices, /local fire standards, local
mechanical construction practices, program, blue prints
and plumbing and wiring schematics, power and hand
tools, etc. as it relates to the technical trades;
staff, prioritize and organize work assignments, in the
operation, maintenance and repair of equipment;
participate in staff training provide feedback, be a
clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good
judgment, focus attention on details, maintain
confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel
information, work with minimal supervision, troubleshoot
and use alternatives in emergency situations, understand
guest inquiries, provide responses and interact
Schedule - Flexible schedule which requires AM, PM,
Weekends and Holiday Shifts.
Work Environment - The Engineer will work indoors and
outdoors in all weather conditions.
Physical Demands - Ability to climb ladders, and work in
all elevations including roof tops or ground level. Must
be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
Other Requirements - Must be able to work independently
or as part of the Engineering team. Must be able to
communicate in English both written and verbal formats.
Safety - Must be able to work safely and operate
machinery following safe work practices at all times.