JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of an Engineer I is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for working order of mechanical systems. The Engineer I must maintain a safe working environment throughout the hotel by providing an attractive, clean and well-maintained property.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain accurate records on preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Perform general maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections and repairs duties as assigned.
- Adhere to safety, security and emergency procedures, react appropriately during emergency situations, and act promptly to correct hazards. Adhere to security procedures concerning the handling of guest room and master keys, security of boiler and electrical rooms and other engineering areas, proper storage of all chemicals, etc.
- Listen to and promptly act to resolve guest problems and complaints.
- Clean and organize maintenance shop.
- Have working knowledge of HVAC, MEP and refrigeration systems, including repair, maintenance and basic electric and plumbing skills. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and identify needs and parts.
- Have strong mechanical skills for operation and repair of hotel equipment and possess the knowledge and ability to perform a variety of general maintenance repairs.
- Have working knowledge regarding application and storage of all chemicals and the OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Know how to operate hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
- Read manufacturer instructions, blueprints, etc. and the ability to discern various colors of electrical wiring.
- Make effective judgments on the various aspects of general repairs and maintenance and effectively solve guest and operational problems.
- Keeps Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so that prompt corrective action can be taken.
High School Diploma Preferred; basic understanding of HVAC and Refrigeration. Prior hospitality experience preferred. Certificates & Licenses Valid State Driver’s License (anyone driving a Company vehicle or required to drive as a part of their job); others required by Brand Standard and/or State Law.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.