Hampton Inn & Suites Lebanon
Platinum Hospitality Management
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
PERFORMANCE WITH A CONSCIENCE
At Platinum Management Services, we continually strive to achieve superior guest relations, value a well-maintained, safe, and environmentally-conscious hotel surrounding, animated employees with passionate service ethics, leading technology, consistent capital reinvestment into our properties, conservative growth with major brand partners, and above all, strong moral principles in all of our professional exchanges.
We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others as we would have them deal with us.
Times change, but our dedication to perfecting the travel experience never will.
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER: Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. Perform preventive maintenance on major equipment and systems; using a window based computer system. Support the Engineer IV with shift supervision, projects, or any aspect of maintenance/engineering operations which may include assigning daily work and projects, training and coaching employees, inspecting work for quality and productivity, etc. Follow and enforce procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste. Assist in training and instruct other members of the staff by passing along other knowledge and skills to assist them in their development and the advancement of your own. Analyze problems and formulate plans to get work done quickly including procurement of materials, part, etc., with a high degree of quality. Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency. Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc. May assist with other duties as assigned. The Maintenance Engineer will report to the Engineering Management team.
- A minimum of 2 years building maintenance experience required, with hotel experience preferred.
- Experienced in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports, keep logs, and correspondence and ability to speak effectively with customers and associates.
- The ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be guest service focused and understand expectations of hospitality demands.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess strength and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Should have some working knowledge of building systems, including life-safety systems, is preferred for this position but not required.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents as safety rules (i.e. Lockout Tag out, JSA's), safety awareness information (i.e., MSDS) operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling