Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - FL - Tampa
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, and Missouri, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Renaissance is a beautiful community located in Tampa, Florida offering Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Renaissance focuses on programs and services that help a person remain as independent as possible no matter what level of care they may need.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Director is to assist the Community Director in maintaining and operating the physical aspects of the Community. The Maintenance Director will organize, direct and supervise the Community maintenance program in an efficient, cost-effective manner; safely meeting residents' needs in strict accordance with Allegro policies and procedures and in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Recruit, train, manage, motivate, and evaluate Maintenance personnel according to Company policies and procedures.
- Schedule Maintenance personnel to ensure that the Community is appropriately staffed at all times and in the event of an emergency.
- Oversee and monitor that the Maintenance staff are properly accounting for hours worked using time clock system. Review the time clock records at least twice weekly. Submit payroll and new hire paperwork as required.
- Participate in Maintenance Department Performance Plan development in order that Company goals are met.
- Ensure that all required administrative reports are submitted to appropriate departments on time.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program using the online maintenance management system to track and plan. Ensure that mechanical equipment, building structures and grounds are properly maintained.
- Prepare Maintenance budget within approved guidelines and according to Company policies and procedures, utilizing review of maintenance purchases and discussion of future projects or needs with the Community Director.
- Assure in-service training programs are scheduled for Maintenance Department employees. Attend as appropriate.
- Implement and maintain a training program for all staff on the Community Hazard Communications program.
- Coordinate Community Safety Committee. Conduct regular meetings according to Company policy.
- Pick up and delegate maintenance requests and work orders each day. Follow up to ensure that outstanding work is completed in a timely manner and any delays are communicated to Community Director and resident when applicable.
- Ensure that work requests are properly prioritized, work is completed and entered into online maintenance management system.
- Complete monthly maintenance task list items and review with Community Director.
- Follow OSHA and Company guidelines relating to lock down and tag out procedures that are approved for the Community.
- Ensure safety data sheets (SDS) are properly maintained.
- Supervise the maintenance of all machinery, electric and mechanical equipment.
- Program, monitor, and perform daily checks on door access control systems and security camera systems. Make adjustments to door access system seasonally or as needed.
- Assure that all gauges, thermometer, water meters, etc. are checked on a regular basis.
- Have all equipment and systems inspected regularly for proper function and compliance with local codes, ordinances, and safety regulations. Follow up on repairs as needed
- Train other staff members in all emergency systems in the Community.
- Schedule, supervise and document fire drills as required by regulations.
- Program, monitor and perform daily checks on door access control systems and security camera systems. Make adjustments to door access system seasonally or as needed.
- Maintain daily, monthly and annual logs and data on repairs and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Maintain necessary records and inventory controls to ensure that adequate maintenance supplies are on hand and to prevent theft.
- Advise the Community Director regarding all maintenance contracts, their cost and their expiration dates.
- Utilize Company's membership with Global Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) such as Innovatix, Premier or Navigator to competitively shop for maintenance supplies and equipment on a routine basis. Keep abreast of new products and less expensive ways of making repairs.
- Obtain quotes from contractors for repairs and/or replacements to Community structures and equipment, as needed or directed.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of contractors at the Community to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and to contract specifications.
- Oversee maintenance functions necessary to ready vacant apartments and skilled nursing rooms for new move-ins. Ensure that apartments are readied to management standards and in a timely manner.
- Update the status of the vacant apartments to Sales & Marketing on a daily basis.
- Meet daily with Community Director to discuss Community operations.
- Work in conjunction with other Community Department Heads to assist incoming residents.
- Annually update and implement a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) with Community Director per Company and County guidelines where required.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Community Director.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the Community Director following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Community Director as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff or Community information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years maintenance-related experience in senior living, hospitality, apartment complex or similar background. Includes working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and HVAC systems.
- Must have EPA 608 certification or be willing to obtain same within 90 days of hire.
- OSHA and pool maintenance certification desirable.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR/AED certification.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs .
- Must be an independent worker with good verbal/written communication skills able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Must possess good decision making skills and have a sense of safety awareness.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
Allegro Senior Living offers a wi