Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Hyatt Place Champaign/Urbana seeks a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Maintenance Engineer to join our team. The Maintenance Engineer will work closely with the hotel’s Front Office and Housekeeping teams. The successful candidate will ensure that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Represent the hotel in a positive manner at all times.
* Prioritize any repairs or maintenance issues that may impact or inconvenience our guest's experience.
* Repair and maintain facility buildings and equipment.
* Complete any building and room repairs, plumbing, painting, sheetrock work, and carpentry.
* Perform preventative maintenance on building and equipment.
* Complete ground work and custodial work as necessary.
* Clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintains all tools and equipment in the hotel.
* Ensure that all tools and equipment used are returned to and secured in proper storage area.
* Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
* Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner.
* Maintain communication with Chief Engineer to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order.
* Keep Chief Engineer updated on assignments.
* Assist in set up and tear down of meeting spaces.
* Drive guests in hotel shuttle.
Exemplify the hotel's Standard Code of Conduct and all other regulations established by management and Employee Handbook.
* Maintain the hotel's emergency procedures as instructed by hotel management.
* Set up and tear down meeting space
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Previous maintenance experience is required
* Show off the proper uniform/dress at all times and be well groomed.
* Be flexible since you are running a 24/7 hotel operation.
* This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
* Valid Driver’s License required.
* High school or equivalent education required.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER